The International Cornea Project is a global outreach program designed to distribute tissue to ophthalmologists around the world
ICP is dedicated to making a difference globally through its international distribution services and the promotion of eye donation. The staff of the International Cornea Project coordinates the distribution of quality ocular tissue to the international community. ICP depends upon a cooperative network of donating eye banks, airlines, couriers, government officials and ophthalmologists to ensure prompt delivery of all ocular tissue.
Working to eliminate Corneal blindness – worldwide
The International Cornea Project was established in 1984. Since the inception of ICP, more than 60,000 corneas have been distributed internationally for transplantation.
- ICP is globally positioned in the Pacific Region to readily distribute tissue anywhere in the world
- A worldwide network of ophthalmologists and eye banks
- Support of humanitarian projects and medical missions
- Advanced surgical scheduling and prompt shipping
- Distribution Services 24/7
- Tissue that follows the guidelines set forth by the Eye Bank Association of America (EBAA) and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Corneal tissue availability on a daily basis
- Custom Cut® tissue available upon request
- Scleral tissue available upon request
- Research tissue available upon request
TO PARTICIPATE IN THE INTERNATIONAL CORNEA PROJECT, OPHTHALMOLOGISTS MUST REGISTER WITH THE SAN DIEGO EYE BANK AND PROVIDE A CURRENT COPY OF THEIR CURRICULUM VITAE.