Hospitals and Hospices — Donor Development and Education from the San Diego Eye Bank
At the San Diego Eye Bank®, our team works with hospitals, hospices, and other healthcare agencies throughout San Diego and Imperial Counties to provide the opportunity for donation and to ensure that much-needed donor tissue is made available to those with corneal blindness. We also strive to promote eye donation throughout the community, in addition to providing healthcare education to medical professionals.
If you are a medical professional and would like to schedule an in-service, or would like to attend one of our educational conferences, contact the San Diego Eye Bank®. You may also view our schedule of events.
San Diego and Imperial County Hospitals and Hospices
The following hospitals and hospices work collaboratively with the San Diego Eye Bank® in developing and implementing opportunities for donation.
- Alvarado Hospital
- Avalon Hospice
- Aurora Behavioral of San Diego
- Continental Rehabilitation Hospital of San Diego
- El Centro Regional Medical Center
- Fallbrook Hospice
- Fallbrook Hospital
- Hospice of the North Coast
- Horizon Hospice
- Hospice By The Sea
- Kaiser Hospice
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
- Kindred Hospital San Diego
- Lightbridge Hospice
- Medical Examiner’s Office (County of San Diego)
- Naval Hospital, Camp Pendleton
- Naval Medical Center San Diego
- Odyssey Hospice
- Palomar Medical Center
- Paradise Valley Hospital
- Pioneers Memorial Hospital
- Pomerado Hospital
- Promise Hospital of San Diego
- Rady Children’s Hospital San Diego
- San Diego Hospice and the Institute for Palliative Medicine
- Scripps Green Hospital
- Scripps Memorial Hospital-Encinitas
- Scripps Memorial Hospital-La Jolla
- Scripps Mercy Hospital
- Scripps Mercy Hospital–Chula Vista
- Sharp Cabrillo Hospital
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
- Sharp Coronado Hospital
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Sharp HospiceCare
- Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Silverado Hospice
- The Elizabeth Hospice
- Tri-City Medical Center
- University of California, San Diego Medical Center, Hillcrest
- University of California, San Diego Medical Center, La Jolla
- VA San Diego Healthcare System
- Vitas Innovative Hospice
The San Diego Eye Bank® works with local funeral homes in order to meet the wishes of the deceased and their families. We thank the funeral homes that work closely with us for their continued support.
Contact the San Diego Eye Bank®
If you would like to learn more about the services we provide, including the Gift of Sight program, our distribution services, continuing healthcare education programs, and our state-of-the-art excimer laser center, contact the San Diego Eye Bank®.
The state-of-the-art San Diego Eye Bank® Excimer Laser Center is a community resource for both patients and physicians. Since it opened in 1996, thousands of patients have benefited from laser vision correction surgery at the facility.
At the San Diego Eye Bank®, we are dedicated to providing medical education programs that feature internationally known speakers and the latest issues surrounding ocular tissue collection, distribution, and processing. We are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and sponsor educational programs for all ophthalmic medical professionals.
If you would like to learn more about eye donation, healthcare education, or any of our other services, contact the San Diego Eye Bank®.
San Diego Eye Bank®
9246 Lightwave Ave., Suite 120
San Diego, CA 92123
Toll Free: 800-EYE-BANK
An organization for United Sight.
Serving the unserved.