San Diego Eye Bank® Refractive Laser Center
The San Diego Eye Bank® Refractive Laser Center is a community resource for member physicians and their patients. Our state-of-the-art facility was opened in 1996 and is equipped with the VISX® Star S4 IR and IntraLase® FS Lasers, WaveScan WaveFront™ System, Pentacam, and Confocal. Since the opening of our San Diego excimer laser facility, thousands of patients have benefited from surgeries such as PRK, LASIK, and other refractive procedures.
- Patient Information
- Patient Brochure
- Authorization and Informed Consent for Laser In-Situ Keratomileusis (LASIK)
- Authorization and Informed Consent for Photorefractive keratectomy (PRK)
- Authorization and Informed Consent for Phototherapeutic Keratectomy (PTK)
- WaveScan WaveFront™ Order
- Pentacam Order
- Confocal Order
- Visante Orders
If you would like to learn more about our San Diego-area excimer laser facility, contact the San Diego Eye Bank®.
- The Staff at Our San Diego Excimer Laser Facility
- Features of the San Diego Eye Bank® Refractive Laser Center
- Physician Requirements
The Staff at Our San Diego Excimer Laser Facility
The San Diego Eye Bank® Refractive Laser Center is staffed with certified excimer laser technicians. These technicians are specialists in the field of refractive surgery. In addition to VISX® Star S4 IR and IntraLase® FS Lasers certifications, our staff is also credentialed in the use of the Hansatome microkeratome.
With professionalism, efficiency, and compassion, our ophthalmic staff works to ensure that you and your patients receive the excellent customer service for which the San Diego Eye Bank® is renowned.
Features of the San Diego Eye Bank Excimer Laser Center
As a part of one of the largest and most sophisticated eye banks in the United States, the San Diego Eye Bank® Excimer Laser Center boasts a number of impressive features:
- Convenient central location
- Personalized, individual care
- Flexible patient scheduling and block time availability
- A state-of-the-art VISX® Star S4 IR excimer laser
- Fourier WaveScan WaveFront™ System
- IntraLase® FS laser, 60hz
- Certified excimer technicians
- An experienced certified VISX® trainer
- Certified IntraLase® Technicians
- An experienced certified IntraLase® physician trainer
- Ophthalmic examination lane
- Physician training on new medical equipment
Prior to scheduling a refractive surgery, IntraLase® FS enabled keratoplasty, or any other procedure at the San Diego Eye Bank®, physicians must meet the following requirements:
- San Diego Eye Bank® membership
- San Diego Eye Bank® excimer laser facility user agreement
- Documentation regarding:
- Malpractice insurance
- Medical license
- VISX® certifications
- C-LASIK certification
- WaveScan WaveFront™ certifications
- IntraLase® certifications (if applicable)
Contact the San Diego Eye Bank®
The state-of-the-art San Diego Eye Bank® Excimer Laser Center is a community resource for both patients and physicians. Since it opened in 1996, thousands of patients have benefited from laser vision correction surgery at the facility.
At the San Diego Eye Bank®, we are dedicated to providing medical education programs that feature internationally known speakers and the latest issues surrounding ocular tissue collection, distribution, and processing.
To inquire about our San Diego area excimer laser center, and how our facility can put the latest treatment tools at your fingertips, contact the San Diego Eye Bank® today.
San Diego Eye Bank®
9246 Lightwave Ave., Suite 120
San Diego, CA 92123
Toll Free: 800-EYE-BANK
An organization for United Sight.
Serving the unserved.