About the San Diego Eye Bank® — Cornea and Other Ocular Tissue Donation and Distribution
The San Diego Eye Bank® is a non-profit corporation committed to the restoration and preservation of sight. It is the largest eye bank in California. Through our Gift of Sight program, we proudly have helped restore sight to over 25,000 individuals who suffered from corneal blindness as a result of disease or injury. We provide a full range of tissue distribution services and support for medical and basic research. In addition, we have established a state-of-the-art refractive laser center and sponsor a number of continuing medical education programs, among other services.
If you would like to learn more about our facility, please contact the San Diego Eye Bank®.
San Diego Eye Bank® Programs and Services
The San Diego Eye Bank® is responsible for a number of programs and services, including donor family assistance, tissue distribution, ocular research, medical education, and more.
- Family Services
- Tissue Distribution Services
- Healthcare Development
- Excimer Laser Center
- Medical Education Programs
- International Cornea Project®
Memberships and Affiliations
- Member, Eye Bank Association of America
- FDA registered, Registration #3002515992
- Registered tissue bank with the State of California the state of New York
- Works in collaboration with the federally designated organ procurement organization, Lifesharing™, a division of the University of California, San Diego Medical Center
- Approved continuing education provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing
- Approved continuing education provider by the Board of Behavioral Sciences
Board of Directors
- The San Diego Eye Bank® Board of Directors is responsible for setting policy and future planning with oversight of current activities. Learn More
- Summer Newsletter 2009
- San Diego Eye Bank® Annual Report July 1, 2007 – June 30, 2008
Contact the San Diego Eye Bank®
If you would like to learn more about eye donation, or our other services, please contact the San Diego Eye Bank.
The state-of-the-art San Diego Eye Bank® Excimer Laser Center is a community resource for both patients and physicians. Since it opened in 1996, thousands of patients have benefited from laser vision correction surgery at the facility.
At the San Diego Eye Bank®, we are dedicated to providing medical education programs that feature internationally known speakers and the latest issues surrounding ocular tissue collection, distribution, and processing.
If you would like to learn more about our services, are seeking cornea tissue for transplant, or would like to make arrangements for an ocular tissue donation, contact the San Diego Eye Bank® today.
San Diego Eye Bank®
9246 Lightwave Ave., Suite 120
San Diego, CA 92123
Toll Free: 800-EYE-BANK
An organization for United Sight.
Serving the unserved.